Monday 14 February 2011

HitchHiker's Guide to my Heart

[Quick pointer: I haven't posted for a while, so coming up now is a few!]

So, my latest obsession. No longer is it The Dark Knight, LittleBigPlanet, The Sims, WALL-E, Watchmen, Gorillaz, Gary Larson, Fred Basset.....the list is endless.
No no, it is in fact the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy book trilogy...plus 2. A quintolgy? It'll do.

Anyway, last Saturday at work (Oxfam) I was bored and ended up reading the making-of book of the HHGttG film, and then finished and thought "I wonder if they have the actual book"......"Ooh, gotta serve a customer first".
Walked over, found it, took it home, read it. Loved it.

Douglas Adam's writing styles are invigorating, intriguing, grabbing, fascinating and at (repeated) times, bloody hilarious. He manages to use the term "mind-buggering" in one describing paragraph. And he uses it well!
Added to that, the narratives are so wonderfully wacky and creative I love it to bits. And as a result of reading it and watching the films, I'm constantly worried because to "survive in the universe, you gotta know where your your towel is"
[plus the 42 malarkey and Marvin - the manically depressed paranoid android]

Annoyingly, I forgot the storyline is split up into 5 parts/books: The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Life the Universe and Everything, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish and Mostly Harmless. Yeah, I know. I shockingly forgot!!
So I got to the end of HHGttG, read the last lines and thought "Oh yeah. Bollocks."
And the next day, I trotted off and got parts 2 and 3. [And to match my new collection, Kaysey got me 1]

So there we go. My new fictional love - an insane storyline about our own universe. Puh-erfect :D
So long fellow readers.
And thanks for all the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment