Wednesday 16 February 2011

Drving round in circles

Ever had that reason that some attempts of yours just don't seem to go anywhere - revision? Building a house of cards? Starting afresh? Chasing a fly with a spatula? - any of these.
Well mine is, quite annoyingly, driving.

I approach every lesson nervously, and then just get on with it.
It can go well, and Vaughn [the instructor] is impressed.
It can go ok-ish - do well some places, break down (not literally) in other places.
And once or twice, it has just been catasrophic.

Today wasn't that bad, it was ok-ish. Last week was actually pretty good, which is even more infuriating. I have a good week and think "Hey, y'know what, I could be ready". Erm.....no.
I will say this: Hill starts can get fucked. Stupid, annoying and easily cocked-up things which sometimes I can do, and sometimes I can't. Oh joy(!)

So there's my big problem. I'm inconsistent. This is the really annoying thing. I approached this week hopeful because last week went well. And then I come away disappointed because I didn't do as well.
Just endlessly asking myself "why can't I do this?" And it doesn't help that everyone around me is doing pretty damn well. I'm still proud of Kaysey. Really proud, really really happy for her and it's a great thing.
Just deep down you think: She got it, Stacey got it, Rob got it, every one's getting it a helluva faster than me.
Why? Why can't I just do this? :/

A depressing post. Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. Rob you gotta remember; you're still learning. It's ok to make mistakes when you're learning. :)

    Also, this is not that much of a depressing post...you should see some of the ones that I have written...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like someone needs a Jay hug.

    Anyway, at least you're actually attempting it, right? I'm not even ready to start learning.

    Keep it up, you'll definitely get it!

    ReplyDelete