Monday 7 March 2011

Learning something about myself

An annoying girl (who shall remain unnamed) in one of my college classes (also remained unnamed) has inadvertently lead me to have an.....epiphany?

Anyway, in my AS Media class, I was arrogant, boring, over-opinionated and downright sarcastic that was just pointless, unnecessary and, as I've recently discovered, annoying.
Now, at the time, I just felt I was essentially being myself.

But now, this year when I've matured slightly and dropped stereotypes, I meet this girl. And she is the female version of me in AS Media.
When she goes off on one of her endless monologues, full of opinions and endless, pointless knowledge, the class is muttering amongst itself for her to "just shut up" and other, possibly ruder variations.
And I realised I was like that in the previous year. And also realised what the previous year class was probably doing in the background, just like we do.

So I learnt something. I'm a hypocrite and probably have an entire AS Media class after my blood.
And now, I apologise to all of them, I apologise for my hypocrisy and lastly I offer advice:
<Unnamed-class-member>: Before you speak, shut the hell up.
Otherwise you'll regret it next year. And I'm a perfect example of that happening!

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment