Sunday 6 November 2011

A New Life

University gets in your head.
It can easily become your favouriote place on Earth, and your favourite time of life.
This is certianly the case with me.

Unsure about others, but what I enjoy the most is the freedom and independance.
If you want to go to bed at 3am, that's fine. If you don't want to go to bed at all, that's also fine. And has been done.
If you want to take a mug of coffee and breakfast to class, that's fine.
Want to do laundry whilst in your dressing gown. Also fine.

It's just fun. That's what Uni is - fun.
Going out most nights, getting drunk, meeting new people and coming home to collapse in a little piece of what you can call home.

That's how Uni got in my head. It became home.
Last weekend, when I went back to Andover, it was going to see family.
When I came back to Bath Spa, that was when I was truly come home.
It's easy to see why anyway. Bath is beautiful, exciting, massive and has a brilliant selction of shops and nightlife.
And cows on campus.
Andover is nowhere nearly as good as all that. It's easy to see why I've fallen in love with Bath really.

On top of all that, my Creative Writing course is incredible.
Homework is easy and invigorating - "Write a satire", "write a short story" etc. If you turn up, get Writer's Block and can't write anything, they don't mind. It's a course with my name on it.
Plus, most classes you just have to roll out of bed and head on over. Living on campus is brilliant.
Then, my timetable lets me have Mondays and Fridays off. Score!

Anyway, I look forward going home; to my family, a comfortable bed, good internet and my PS3.
But I still look forward to returning to University, even more.
This is where I belong now. My new home; my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment